Last Updated: October 6, 2021
- When you visit Begoniared.com and any associated URLs owned or controlled by Begonia (collectively, the “Website”) or access our applications (“Apps”), and any content or features available on the Website or Apps;
- Offline, in our interactions we may have with you;
- When you apply for a job with Begonia;
- In email, and through other electronic messages between you and us through the Website and Apps;
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect it
- By communicating with us or engaging in any transaction on our Website or Apps;
- When you have questions about or report a problem with our Website or services;
- When inquiring about or applying for a job;
- When dealing with Begonia in your capacity as an investor or potential investor;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- When engaging in search queries on the Website.
Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, verifying system and server integrity).
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms (Such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) as well as from other third parties, including affiliates and vendors. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties and encourage you to read and understand how any third party or social media platform may use and share information about you.
We may purchase information about individuals to perform targeted advertising or provide any special offer to customers or investors.
- Name, postal address, home address (current and previous), age or date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, number of children, vehicle information including license plate number, your occupation, employment information, education, driver’s license number, passport number, military ID, social security number or other tax or national identification number, information related to properties which you would like further information, or project;
- Social Media Profile Information (Your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification number for your contacts, profile picture URL, and any other information that you choose to make public);
- Marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links);
- Any information you may submit to us in correspondence, using any means of contact.
- As an investor, we collect information about your assets, your income, transactional activity in your account, information about your product and service needs, investment experience, bank account details, wire transfer instructions, investor profile, details from passports or other government issued documents including Social Security numbers or EIN’s, and authentication information for access to your account;
- As an applicant to or member of an apartment community, we collect information about property that you have purchased, leased or rented, your income, your creditworthiness, utility account information, any other tenants that you may wish to include on the lease, information about any pets, bank account details, maintenance requests, bank account details, credit card information, emergency contact and next of kin.
- As a visitor to our Website or App user, we have collected details of your visits to our Website, traffic data, clickstream data, location data, logs and other communication data, the resources that you access and use on the Website such as your IP address, internet service provider, operating system and browser type;
- As a job applicant, we have collected information we need to handle your application including your ability to legally work in the country for which you are applying for employment, information regarding your qualifications, references, professional licenses or resume information, personal details, criminal history (as permitted by law), medical and health screening details, and information with respect to career commencement and development including date of hire, employee category and full-time or part-time status. Where permitted by applicable law, you will be given the opportunity to provide information on your gender, race, or ethnicity. We may gather this information from you for reporting and record-keeping requirements, but we will only use this information in accordance with applicable law and will not use it in making any employment decisions. Providing this information is strictly voluntary, and you will not be subject to any adverse action or treatment if you choose not to provide it. Such information will be kept in a confidential file separate from your application for employment.
3. How We Use Your Information
- When you visit or do business on our Website;
- When you make submissions to us;
- When you request information from us;
- Employment opportunities beyond the position you may have applied for;
- When you contact us.
- To track our visitors’ use of the Website for internal market research;
- To improve the Website and the services promotes or provides through the Website or through other means;
- To customize the content and/or layout of our Website;
- To notify you about updates to the Website or services;
- Contact you about jobs that may be of interest to you;
- Contact you about investments that may be of interest to you.
- To communicate with you over phone or email;
- To complete any leasing process;
- To request a credit report in connection with leasing or job applications;
- To process job applications;
- To contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- To complete any transactions you may perform at the Website;
- To use certain de-identified and aggregated data for data analytics;
- Document and report accidents, injuries and incidents;
- To develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests and to measure its effectiveness;
- To improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by using information collected automatically to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, speed up your searches and recognize when you return to our Website;
- To ensure safe and guaranteed services performance to you, upgrade and improve functionality of the services;
- To store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with any individual;
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
4. Third Parties with Whom We Share Your Information
We share, and have shared over the last 12 months, information collected about you with selected third parties for our business purposes. The categories of recipients (which may be updated from time to time) include third party vendors, service providers, affiliates, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work, such as IT service providers, organizations providing background checks, DMV record checks and income verification, cloud service providers, application service providers, utility billing, marketing, advertising and communications agencies, auditors and tax professionals, payment processors, and data analytics providers.
We also share information about you in the following contexts:
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of business to another company, resulting in change of control of your information;
- Employment Offers: If you apply for employment with Begonia, some of the information you provide through our Website and services will be transferred into our internal human resources and related systems for use processing your application, which may involve sharing your information with select third parties for related purposes, including credit and background checks. If you are offered and accept a position with us, some of the information you provide through our Website and services will be transferred into our internal human resources and related systems for use during your employment. By using our Website and services, you agree to such a transfer and use of your information;
- Apartment Community: We may share or transfer your information in instances where you have an apartment community managed or an application to lease an apartment, including to:
- Process your application, including credit and background checks;
- Generate legal documents (e.g., lease paperwork, addendums, legal notices);
- Allow websites to allow for online payments, communication, package tracking and maintenance request management;
- Process and collect funds associated with payments (e.g., checks or money orders);
- Generate utility billing and utility statements;
- Engage in occupancy tracking and reporting;
- Record interactions and communications during and after the leasing process;
- Assist in collecting debts
- Other Times: We may share information about you when we believe in good faith that such release is necessary to comply with law or legal process, including laws outside your state or country of residence; to protect our rights, property or safety of our employees.
5. Can I Opt Out of Email Marketing?
6. Is Your Information Transferred Internationally?
7. Is My Information Safe?
8. Do We Collect Information from Minors?
9. How Does the California Consumer Privacy Act Apply?
Over the last 12 months, we have collected the categories of Personal Information from California residents as set out in and disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose as set out in above. We may use or otherwise disclose Personal Information for the purposes set out above. Begonia does not sell Personal Information, as that term is defined under the CCPA.
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Our goal is to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If we can not comply with the request, we will explain the reasons we cannot comply.
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
In addition to the CCPA, California’s ‘Shine the Light’ law permits California Residents to request, once a year and free of charge, certain information regarding our disclosure of information about you to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make a request in relation to the rights described above, please use the contact information below.
Please remember that we will need to verify your identity prior to addressing your request. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to Personal Information collected about you.